Aarhus is the second-largest city in Denmark. A vibrant mix of youthful energy and a blast from the past makes Aarhus a city with an energetic beat of the pulse. In Aarhus, when we say walking distance, we really do mean walking distance. From here, beach, harbor and forest are all within reach of a 15-minute bike ride.
- Aarhus has a population of 324,000. More
- Approximately 1.5 million people within one hour’s drive.
- The Port of Aarhus is one of the busiest container ports in the Baltics.
- Aarhus is the cultural and educational center of Western Denmark.
- Aarhus has a large population of students and Young people.
- In Aarhus everybody speaks English.
City of sails – bay of champions
Aarhus is easily accessible, has proven world-class race conditions and regatta organisation skills, and the competition venue offers perfect logistics in the middle of an exciting and vibrant city. Moreover, there is strong public support behind the Championships in Aarhus and there will be a huge swell of support from the whole country to the event. Denmark is one of the sailing nations and Aarhus is its city of sails.